FFA Essay Contest Official Rules
CULVER’S® “FFA Essay Contest”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. CONTEST ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND PUERTO RICO, THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD AND WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. CONTESTS SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT. CONTEST BEGINS February 18, 2019, AT 10:00 A.M. CST AND ENDS April 8, 2019, AT 5:00 P.M. CDT (THE “CONTEST PERIOD”); HOWEVER, SPONSOR, CULVER FRANCHISING SYSTEM, LLC (CFS), RESERVES THE RIGHT TO END THE CONTEST AT ANY TIME. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter online, visit www.culvers.com/essaycontest (the “Website”) and fully complete the Official Entry Form during the Entry Period. Each Entry must comply with these Official Rules.
CFS is not responsible for entries not received due to electronic or technical reasons beyond its control. Filtering software will check each entry for compliance with the size limits. Entries that do not meet those criteria will be automatically rejected. No mechanically reproduced, software generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. CFS reserves the right not to publish any entry on the Website or remove any entry from the Website for any reason, as it shall determine in its sole discretion.
All entries must be received by no later than April 8, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. CDT the end of the Entry Period, in order to participate. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant who made a potentially winning entry, CFS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deem that the entry was made by the registered subscriber of the email address submitted at the time of entry. All requested information on the entry form must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by CFS of such entry. Any communication, data or other information transmitted by an Entrant in connection with the Contest, whether by electronic mail, data survey/query or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Entries become the exclusive property of the CFS.
The name of the person submitting the contest entry must be (a) the name of the person who owns the email account; otherwise, entry may be deemed void. In the event of dispute over the identity of a potential winner, online entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email account submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email account. It is solely the responsibility of the participant to notify the CFS in writing if the participant changes his or her email account during the Contest Period.
PRIZES: Three prizes will be awarded to three FFA chapters. The first-place FFA chapter will receive $7,500 to use for their FFA chapter’s trip to the National FFA Convention & Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana in October 2019 or another agricultural education opportunity. The second-place FFA chapter will receive $5,000 to use for their FFA chapter’s trip to the National FFA Convention & Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana in October 2019 or another agricultural education opportunity. The third-place FFA chapter will receive $2,500 to use for their FFA chapter’s trip to the National FFA Convention & Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana in October 2019 or another agricultural education opportunity. The prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-divisible, unless otherwise stated in writing or agreed to in writing by the CFS.
ENTRY CONTENT: All entries become the sole property of the CFS. By submitting an entry for the contest, the participant agrees that the CFS has the nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, licensable, transferable and unrestricted right to use the entry in whole or in part, commercially or noncommercially, in any media, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish and display the entry for advertising and publicity, and to edit and make derivative works, all without additional notification, review, approval or compensation to anyone, including the participant. Additionally, the participant agrees that the CFS may post the entry (including the participant’s name), or any portion thereof, on the website and/or its webpages on third-party sites, and/or use in any media.
Entry must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified:
- Entrant is solely responsible for the entry he/she submits for the Contest.
- Entry must be original (created by the Entrant) and unpublished.
- Entry must be in English.
- Entry must be less than 1,000 words.
- Entry may not contain any confidential information.
- Entry must not violate third-party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark, and right of publicity. Do not use any third-party trademarks, company names or logos.
- Entry must not include unsuitable content; obscenity; disparagement; defamation; libel threats; pornography; harassment; racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs; other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate or unlawful content, as determined in the CFS’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not include or contain advertising or solicitations of business.
- Entrants must pass along all rights for usage to CFSI.
- All Entrants in the Contest must be Thirteen (13) years or older.
- Entrant agrees to provide proof of any and all permissions, consents, or rights required under these Rules or eligibility at any time at the request of the CFS. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the Entrant and the Entrant’s Entry.
JUDGING: The entries will be judged by a panel of judges that include representatives of the National FFA Organization and Culver Franchising System, LLC. after the entry period has closed on April 8, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. CDT. The Judges shall judge the entries according to the following criteria: 40% based on originality, 30% based on quality and 30% based on creativity.
The Judge’s decisions are final and may not be contested or disputed, however, Judges or CFS may change the Judge’s at any time, for any reason, even after the winner is elected. Criteria for judging will include, but not necessarily be limited to originality and creativity.
- ELIGIBILITY: YOU MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND PUERTO RICO, AN FFA MEMBER IN THE 2018-2019 ACADEMIC YEAR, AND 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY to be eligible to win. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by CFS to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Void where prohibited. Employees of Culver’s®, its participating restaurants, and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “CFS and promotion parties”) and the immediate family members of each, are not eligible to participate or win.
- GENERAL: This contest is subject only to the laws of Wisconsin in the United States. The prize will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Except as determined by CFS in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value (unless at the sole discretion of CFS). Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
- CONDUCT: By entering this contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects. The official rules will be posted on the website throughout the contest period. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification. Culver’s reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or the website; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Culver’s to be in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Culver’s to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CFS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: CFS assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the website or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer that may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the contest or download of any materials in the contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons that may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, then Culver’s reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest in whole or in part.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION:
Potential grand prize winner will be notified by email within 10 business days of June 3, 2019. Any failure of winner notification will result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate winner may be selected. Prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with (where lawful) a publicity release within seven (7) days of attempted winner notification as indicated by the date on the Affidavit. Failure to return any required documents within seven (7) days may result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate winner may be selected.
If it is not possible to award winner because of circumstances beyond CFS’s control, including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected, CFS, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. If a random drawing needs to be conducted, only the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-divisible, and not redeemable for cash, credit or non-stated merchandise unless otherwise stated in writing or agreed to in writing by the CFS.
- WINNER RELEASES: All participants, as a condition of entry into the contest, agree to release the CFS and promotion parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property that may be sustained in connection with accessing the website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the contest, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these official rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. CFS makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. Except for residents of TN and where prohibited by law, winners grant to CFS the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at the website) the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by CFS.
- WINNER: For the name of the prizewinners, mail your request before August 31, 2019, to Culver Franchising System, LLC, FFA Essay Contest, Winner Name, 1240 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578.
- CFS: Culver Franchising System, LLC, 1240 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578.