Media Press Release
Culver’s Kicks Off Second Year of #FarmingFridays
Agricultural influencers share their stories on restaurant’s social media platforms
PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. – April 26, 2017 - Following the success of last year’s #FarmingFridays social content series, Culver’s has again invited agricultural influencers to share photos and videos depicting their passion for and knowledge about agriculture. #FarmingFridays is part of Culver’s Thank You Farmers initiative, which recognizes the hard work and commitment of the farmers who feed the nation.
New for this year, #FarmingFridays will extend throughout the spring, summer and fall seasons on five different Fridays, beginning on April 28 and ending on November 3.
“Culver’s is committed to teaching our guests more about agriculture and the hard work of the people in this industry,” said Jessie Corning, senior marketing manager at Culver’s. “We’re excited to again provide a platform for agricultural leaders to share their stories and educate our guests.”
Here is the #FarmingFridays schedule:
- April 28: Katie Pratt – Pratt is a fourth-generation Illinois family farmer and blogger who participates in ag literacy programs to teach kids about farming.
- June 9: Cristen Clark – Clark is an Iowa farmer who raises corn, soybeans, cattle and pigs, and blogs about food and family.
- July 21: National FFA Officer Team – Leaders of the national youth organization made up of 649,355 student members focus on agricultural education and career readiness.
- September 22: National Association of Agricultural Educators – Ag teachers from the organization will share what a day in the life of an ag educator looks like.
- November 3: Peterson Farm Brothers – The brothers (and one sister) are Kansas farmers who create farm-themed YouTube videos and share their farming stories on social media.
To date, Thank You Farmers has raised over one million dollars in support of the National FFA Organization and Foundation, local FFA chapters and a variety of local agricultural organizations. To learn more about the program and how to get involved, visit culvers.com/farmers.
For over 30 years, Culver's guests have been treated to cooked-to-order food made with farm-fresh ingredients and served with a smile. The ever-expanding franchise system now numbers over 600 family-owned and operated restaurants in 24 states. The restaurants' nationally recognized customer service is based on small-town, Midwestern values, genuine friendliness and an unwavering commitment to quality. Signature items include the award-winning ButterBurger, made from fresh, never frozen, beef, and Fresh Frozen Custard, including the famous Flavor of the Day program. For more information, visit www.culvers.com, www.culvers.com/facebook, www.twitter.com/culvers, www.gplus.to/culvers or www.instagram.com/culvers
About the National FFA Organization:
The National FFA Organization is a national youth organization of 649,355 student members as part of 7,859 local FFA chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The organization is supported by 225,891 alumni members in 1,934 local FFA alumni chapters throughout the U.S. The FFA mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. The National FFA Organization operates under a federal charter granted by the 81st United States Congress and it is an integral part of public instruction in agriculture. The U.S. Department of Education provides leadership and helps set direction for FFA as a service to state and local agricultural education programs. For more, visit the National FFA Organization online at FFA.org and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the official National FFA Organization blog.