Culver’s To Farmers With Love Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NOMINEES MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD AND 18 YEARS OF AGE (19 IN AL/NE) OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. DO NOT NOMINATE SOMEONE IF THEY ARE NOT A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT.
CONTEST BEGINS OCTOBER 12, 2023, AT 10:00 A.M. CT AND ENDS OCTOBER 26, 2023 (THE “CONTEST PERIOD”); HOWEVER, SPONSOR, CULVER FRANCHISING SYSTEM, LLC (“CFS”), RESERVES THE RIGHT TO END THE CONTEST AT ANY TIME.
NOMINEES MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND PUERTO RICO, AND 18 (19 IN AL/NE) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY to be eligible to win. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by CFS to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Void where prohibited. Employees of CFS, its participating restaurants, and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “CFS and promotion parties”) and the immediate family members of each, are not eligible to participate or win.
2. How To Enter
To nominate someone to win this Contest, visit www.culvers.com/to-farmers-with-love (the “Website”) and fully complete the official nomination form (a “Nomination” or “Entry”) during the Entry Period. Each Nomination must comply with these Official Rules. Entrants (“Nominators”) are not required to make any purchase or pay any fee to nominate someone to win the Contest. Potential winners are not required to make any purchase to win the Contest.
Nominators must complete the required nomination form fields before submitting in order for their nomination to be considered.
Nominators may only nominate one person. Multiple nominations from the same Nominator will be disqualified.
CFS is not responsible for entries not received due to electronic or technical reasons beyond its control. No mechanically reproduced, software generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. CFS reserves the right not to publish any entry on the Website or remove any entry from the Website for any reason, as it shall determine in its sole discretion.
All Nominations must be received by no later than October 26, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. CT, the end of the Entry Period. In case of a dispute over the identity of a Nominee, CFS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deem that the entry was made by the registered subscriber of the email address submitted at the time of entry. All requested information on the entry form must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by CFS of such entry. Any communication, data or other information transmitted by a Nominator in connection with the Contest, whether by electronic mail, data survey/query or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Entries become the exclusive property of the CFS.
The name of the Nominator (the person submitting a nomination on behalf of a Nominee) must be the name of the person who owns the email account; otherwise, entry may be deemed void.
3. Nomination Content
By submitting a Nomination, the Nominator agrees that CFS has the nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, licensable, transferable and unrestricted right to use the Entry in whole or in part, commercially or noncommercially, in any media, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish and display the entry for advertising and publicity, and to edit and make derivative works, all without additional notification, review, approval or compensation to anyone, including the participant.
Your Nomination must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified:
- Entry must be in English.
- Entry may not contain any confidential information.
- Entry must not violate third-party rights including, but not limited to copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark, and right of publicity. Do not use any third-party trademarks, company names or logos.
- Entry must not include unsuitable content; obscenity; disparagement; defamation; libel threats; pornography; harassment; racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs; other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate or unlawful content, as determined in the CFS’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not include or contain advertising or solicitations of business.
- Entrants must pass along all rights for usage to CFS.
- All Entrants in the Contest must be Eighteen (18) years (19 in AL/NE) or older.
- Entrant agrees to provide proof of any and all permissions, consents, or rights required under these Rules or eligibility at any time at the request of the CFS. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the Entrant and the Entrant’s Nomination.
There are two ways to nominate (enter), as listed below:
- Nominations submitted through the Website. During the Contest, visit https://www.culvers.com/to-farmers-with-love (“Website”) and complete and submit the Nomination form. The Nomination form must include the Nominator’s full name and valid email address, the Nominee’s full name, valid email address, street address, the name of the Nominee’s farm (if applicable), and completion of the short answer questions detailing why the Nominee should win. Nominators must agree to these official rules and confirm they are at least 18 years of age (19 in AL/NE) before submitting their Nomination to be eligible.
- Nominations submitted by email. To Nominate someone without submitting the entry form on the Website, Nominators may send their Nomination by email to email@example.com. Emailed Nominations must include Nominator’s full name and valid email address, the Nominee’s full name, valid email address, street address, the name of the Nominee’s farm (if applicable), and completion of the short answer questions detailing why the Nominee should win. Nominators must include a written statement in the email indicating that the Nominator agrees to these official rules and that the Nominator is at least 18 years of age (19 in AL/NE) before submitting their Nomination.
- Short Answer Questions. All Nominations must include answers to the following questions. Answers to these questions will be used by CFS to judge and determine the winner of the Contest.
- Tell us a bit about their farm (examples include number of livestock, acres of land, years in farming or anything else we should know)
- What impact does the farmer being nominated make on the agricultural community? How are they creating positive change for agriculture and the sustainability of our food supply for years to come?
- Why should this farmer be recognized/supported by this prize package? What specifically have they done for others that makes them deserving?
- Relation to Farmer (if any)
Nominations will be judged by representatives of CFS after the Entry Period has closed on October 26, at 11:59 p.m. CT. Nominations will be judged based on the Nominator’s responses to the short answer questions listed in section 3 above. The judges will use the following criteria when evaluating each entry: 40% based on the impact the farmer has had on the agriculture community, 30% based on the positive change they’ve created for the future of agriculture and a sustainable food supply, and 30% based on concrete examples that demonstrate how they’ve helped others in the community. The judges/CFS reserve the right to choose winning farmers based on their sole discretion. The Judge’s decisions are final and may not be contested or disputed.
Fifteen Nominees will be awarded a prize package consisting of a $500 check, a $575 donation to their local FFA chapter in their name, a Thank You Farmers® Project hat ($7.50 ARV), t-shirt ($9.00 ARV), tumbler ($12.00 ARV) and Culver’s Gift Cards in the amount of $50.
The prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-divisible, unless otherwise stated in writing or agreed to in writing by the CFS.
6. Winner Publicity Release
Except for residents of TN and where prohibited by law, winners hereby grant to CFS the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at the website) winning farmers’ name, address, voice, statement, performance, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by CFS.
This contest is subject only to the laws of Wisconsin. The prize will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Except as determined by CFS in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value (unless at the sole discretion of CFS). Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
By entering this contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of CFS that shall be final and binding in all respects. The official rules will be posted on the website throughout the contest period. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification. CFS reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or the website; or to be acting in any manner deemed by CFS to be in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by CFS to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CFS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitations of Liability
CFS assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the website or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer that may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the contest or download of any materials in the contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons that may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, then CFS reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest in whole or in part.
10. Prize Winner Notification
Potential winners will be notified by email within 15 business days of December 1, 2023. Any failure of winner notification will result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate winner may be selected. Prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with (where lawful) a publicity release within seven (7) days of attempted winner notification as indicated by the date on the Affidavit. Failure to return any required documents within seven (7) days may result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate winner may be selected.
If it is not possible to award winner because of circumstances beyond CFS’s control, including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected, CFS, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. If a random drawing needs to be conducted, only the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-divisible, and not redeemable for cash, credit or non-stated merchandise unless otherwise stated in writing or agreed to in writing by the CFS.
11. Winner Liability Release
All participants, as a condition of entry into the contest, agree to release the CFS and promotion parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property that may be sustained in connection with accessing the website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the contest, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these official rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. CFS makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize.
For the name of the prize winners, mail your request before December 31, 2023, to Culver Franchising System, LLC, To Farmers With Love Contest, Winner Name, 1240 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578.
Culver Franchising System, LLC, 1240 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578.